We invite the community to be part of creating a home-like environment at HQ by loaning works of art to be curated throughout the facility.
- Any/all original works will be considered, with preference given to trans, non-binary, 2-spirit, queer, gay, bisexual, and men who have sex with men artists.
- Preference will be given to works with themes connected to GBQ trans, nonbinary and 2-spirit communities, with particular preference given to works by Black, Indigenous, and people of colour (BIPOC) artists.
- Exhibition-ready works in a variety of sizes.
- Non-wall-based media will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Donors are asked to share at least three (3) works for consideration. The HQ Art Council will select which work(s) will be accepted for display in HQ.
- Donor loaning the work must be the owner of the work.
- Donor agrees to loan the work for at least 12 months.
- Upon agreement to accept the work, a loan agreement will be prepared to support the donor’s loan contribution to HQ.
- Works must be in reasonably good condition. Any damage will be noted on the loan agreement.
- Works displayed in HQ Toronto will be insured under HQ’s insurance policy.
How to Loan your Work
- Email email@example.com to express your interest.
- Share JPGs, artist information and specs for the framed work you’re offering for loan.
- Upon review, a member of the HQ Art Council will follow-up with you. They may request to see the work in person prior to agreeing to accept the work.
If chosen please submit works by April 30, 2023. Works submitted after this date may still be included for consideration.
Please note if you require framing assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org